ramé-hart was founded in 1961 by Ralph Nussbaum, George Meyer, and John Hertz (and was thus named ramé-hart after the original owners). In the beginning ramé-hart was a specialty machine shop with a reputation for precision and high quality machining. In the early days of ramé-hart, the company was looking for a way to establish a proprietary product line. After meeting with Dr. William Zisman and his associates at the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC., they decided to begin producing and selling the NRL Goniometer designed by Dr. Zisman. It soon became a fledging product line and the rest is history.
To learn more about Dr. Zisman, click on the below article to read about his life, accomplishments, and contributions to surface science.
By 1969 ramé-hart was selling over 20 instruments per year and offered six different accessories. ramé-hart's reputation as the world leader in contact angle instruments waxed strong as sales increased and new accessories were designed and built. By the 1990's computerization changed the instrument design from an optical microscope-based system to a camera and software-based tool. In 2004 ramé-hart restructured and the instrument line became ramé-hart instrument co. Today ramé-hart offers (9) different software-driven instrument models and over (30) different accessories and options.
Our goal is to be the world's best provider of instruments for measuring contact angle and surface tension, to never waver in our unrelenting passion to exceed customer expectations, and to never take for granted the reputation of excellence we have earned over the past 50 years.
Customer Satisfaction. We believe in being fully committed to 100% customer satisfaction.
Integrity. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity in all that we do.
Innovation. We are driven to develop innovative products that do what our customers want them to do.
People. We are dedicated to promoting a work environment which enables individuals to achieve their highest potential.
Accountability. We work unceasingly to satisfy the expectations of our customers, shareholders, and employees.
To place an order for a system, we suggest you first contact us and request a quotation or proforma invoice. Please let us know what model and options you are interested in. Once you are ready to order, you can forward a copy of the purchase order to us via email, fax 973-448-0315, or mail to:
ramé-hart instrument co.
1. Minimum Order charge is $50 for credit card purchases made at our website www.ramehart.us.
2. Minimum Order for faxed or phoned orders or any order made with a Purchase Order is $100.
3. All systems and components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for period of one year from date of shipment.
4. All orders are subject to acceptance by ramé-hart instrument co.
5. Microsyringe assemblies, glass barrels, needles, and o-rings are non-returnable for sanitary reasons. All other items are subject to 15% restocking fee.
6. Cancelled orders are subject to a 10% cancellation charge.
7. Please contact us if you require an official quotation for any system or parts.
8. Purchase orders can be emailed, faxed to 973-448-0315, or mailed to: ramé-hart instrument co., 19 Route 10 East, Suite 11, Succasunna, NJ 07876 USA.
9. Terms are NET 30 from recognized accounts. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express on all parts orders and online orders at www.ramehart.us.
10. Unless noted otherwise, all orders are EXW Succasunna, NJ USA. Shipping charges are prepaid and added. We can also ship with freight charges collect.
11. Buyer responsible for all tariffs, duties, and taxes associated with the sale.
12. All prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.