Technical Bulletin Regarding Tips for setting up a U1 or U2 Series Camera with USB 3.0
In most cases, the U1 Series camera is plug-and-play. That is, you can plug the camera in and start using it - after the driver and DROPimage software are installed of course.
However, we recommend you consider the following additional settings in order to ensure optimal performance:
1. Ensure that the camera is plugged into a USB3.0 port.
There will be a SuperSpeed logo like the one above. Note that the U1 and U2 Series cameras will not work in a USB 2.0 (or lower) port.
2. If the PC you are using is a Lenovo M600, you will note there are two SuperSpeed ports on the front. Port 1 has the standard SuperSpeed icon while Port 2 (circled in red in the image below) has the SuperSpeed icon as well as the Quick Charge icon. This port provides advanced power management and we recommend that you use this Port 2 with the U1 and U2 Series camera.
3. In some cases, after a period of inactivity, the U1 Series USB 3.0 camera may become disconnected from DROPimage. If this happens you may receive an error in the Live Video window which reads: "Device Unplugged!". If this condition occurs, it can be resolved by disallowing Windows to turn off the device to save power. To remedy this condition, follow these instructions:
a. Click Start > Control Panel.
b. Click on Device Manager.
c. Expand out "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
d. Locate the "USB 3.0 Root Hub". The actual name may vary.
e. Right click on it and choose Properties.
f. Click on the "Power Management" tab.
g. Uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
4. In addition, we recommend turning off the screen saver and disabling both display and computer sleep modes (Power Options in Device Manager).
5. If you apply the settings referenced above, and still have a disconnect issue, the problem can be fully resolved by installing a powered USB 3.0 port. Our p/n for the hub is 100-USB3HUB and available here: http://www.ramehart.us/usb-3-0-hub-with-power-supply/.
If you require any
additional technical assistance, please
contact us with your serial
number and the nature of your inquiry.
more information or a quotation, please contact us